Taking your drone photography to the next level…
In this quick video from Mango Street, you’ll learn about 6 awesome tips to really help elevate your drone photography skills.
Since drones have become so commonplace recently, you need to think outside of the box a little to make your work stand out from the rest. Gone are the days of simply throwing a drone up into the air and snapping away to wow people, you need to put a little more thought into your photos.
Lucky though it’s not so difficult.
The 6 tips that are covered in the video above are:
- Using Google Earth to scout out cool locations to photograph.
- Shooting in manual RAW mode to achieve the best quality images that give you better flexibility in terms of editing and what the best settings are to use on your drone to achieve this.
- Positioning the camera directly down and searching for symmetry in your compositions.
- Using the drone’s portrait mode to get the best looking photos for Instagram.
- How to use Lightroom properly to organise and merge HDR shots.
- Using tripod mode to capture slow and cinematic looking video.
Since 2016 I’ve travelled full-time working as a travel photographer and writer remotely. I move around at my own pace (I hate fast-paced travel) and like to spend a few months getting to know each place I base myself in. Currently in the north of España 🇪🇸 and loving it.